Ammonia Detection Tapes
Ammonia detection tape allows for the visual detection of ammonia gas leaks by changing colour from white to blue/green when in contact with ammonia gas.
- Tape visually changes colour, from white to dark blue/green, in as little as 10 seconds when exposed to NH3 (depending on the flow rate, temperature, time and percentage of ammonia).
- Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
- DX-8208A will provide a long-lasting colour-change once exposed to ammonia gas.
- Easy to use; applies the same as a typical silicone / polyester PSA.
- Can be used in most indoor or outdoor environments.
- Colour change retention time is over 24hrs, typically over 3 days, depending on exposure condition.
- Superior capability in detecting the location of the NH3 leak.
- Easy to check vertical and bottom faces of the adhered.
Data Sheet: DX-8208A Ammonia Detection Tape Datasheet
Application guide: DX2808A Ammonia Detection Tape Application Manual_03172021
- See the Leak: Tape quickly changes colour, from white to blue (depending on the percentage of ammonia).
- Safety: Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
- Long-Lasting Change: Tape will not immediately return to its original colour even when the flow of ammonia gas has stopped.
- Easy to Use: Applies as easily as regular pressure sensitive adhesive tapes.
- Environmentally Resistant: Can be used in most indoor and outdoor environments
- Backing material: 1-Mil Polyimide Film
- Adhesive: Silicone adhesive layer with NH3 detection (2 MIL)
- Colour: White
- Colour-Change: White to Blue/Green ( (5 min, 30% aqueous ammonia)
- Colour-change from white to deep blue indicating a leak
- Applies like a conventional tape
- Can detect anhydrous 200ppm NH3 ( Balance: Air ) , 110mL/min. flow rate
- Color change can be retained for over 1 day ( typically more than 7 days )
- Wide operating temperature range ( -20°C to 100°C, ( not tested lower than -20°C) )
- Good weather resistance
- Less chance of adhesive residue
Interested in this range?CONTACT US TODAY