Hydrogen Detection Tapes
Nitto Hydrogen Detection Tape DX-2106H allows for the visual detection of hydrogen gas leaks by permanently changing colour when in contact with hydrogen gas.
- Tape visually changes colour, from amber to black, in as little as 10 seconds when exposed to H2 (depending on the flow rate, temperature, time and percentage of hydrogen).
- Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
Is highly sensitive and can detect hydrogen leaks that contain as little as 1% H2 concentration.
- DX-2106H will not return to its original colour once exposed to hydrogen gas.
- Easy to use; applies the same as a typical silicone /polyimide PSA.
- Can be used in most indoor or outdoor environments.
- Superior capability in detecting the location of the H2 leak when compared to conventional portable or stationary sensors.
- Less influenced by wind, position, duration, skills, etc.
- Easy to check vertical and bottom faces.
Nitto’s webpage: https://nittohydrogensolutions.com/
Data Sheets: DX-2106H Hydrogen Detection Tape Datasheet
Application Manual: Nitto DX-2106H Hydrogen Detection Tape Application Manual_0220
- See the leak: Tape quickly changes colour, from amber to black (depending on the percentage of hydrogen).
- Safety: Provides an additional safety net for detecting gas leaks, and improves detection time by making it easier to find intermittent leaks.
- High Sensitivity: Can detect hydrogen leaks that contain as little as 1% H2 concentration.
- Irreversible Change: DX-2106H will not return to its original colour once exposed to hydrogen gas.
- Easy to Use: Applies as easily as a regular pressure sensitive adhesive tape.
- Environmentally Resistant: Can be used in most indoor or outdoor environments
- Nitto’s hydrogen detection tape can be easily applied to, or wrapped around, pipes, flanges, fittings, valves, access panels, etc. to immediately identify an exact hydrogen leak location.
- The permanent colour-change properties identifies the exact leak location even if the H2 line is shut off.
- Applications include and are not limited to power and chemical plants, transportation markets, Hydrogen co-generators, fuel stations, storage tanks, compressors, new energy markets and more.
- Backing material: 1-Mil Polyimide Film
- Adhesive: Silicone adhesive layer with H² detection pigment
- Colour: Amber
- Colour-Change: Amber to Black 150 Sec 6mL/min 100% H²
New Method: Colour Changing Adhesive Patches
Same concept and formulation as the Tape DX-2106H, but the DX-2106H-P patches come in 21mm x 21mm, Detection area 10mm x 10mm, 15 patches per sheet.
- Wide operating temperature range ( – 70°C to 100°C )
- Easy to cover and monitor multiple leak ports
- Can deploy in minutes for entire unit
Interested in this range?CONTACT US TODAY